What people say:
Some reviews from Trip advisor: Sarahek from Oxford: "The food here was fantastic. The wine was great. Everything was local. We didn't recognise some of the wines so we were given tasters of each to help choose. The staff were great. Really friendly. We went twice while we were in Cape Town. Would definately fo back again."
"We went to this restaurant as it was recommended by our guest house and we were not disappointed.
It was very busy but the service was spot-on, the waiting staff and barman are a credit to the place and it was really good that the owner came round to describe the various dishes.
My husband's fish was excellent and my Mozambique chicken curry was delicious.
We liked the quirky décor and the general ambience. A brilliant night out and when our pre-booked taxi failed to arrive the owner came to our rescue and ordered another one for us. Thank you"
"Warm, friendly, good food & atmosphere."
"FANTASTIC. So worth the great reviews! We had an amazing dinner, the place is packed, and the price was fantastic. Service was lightning quick, they turned around our starters in less than 10 minutes, the two steaks in less than 15-20, and the dessert in another 5. Everything was five stars!"
- "This place is a local gem. It was definitely our favourite place in Cape Town, so much so we went twice in 5 days! My mouth waters when I think about the calamari. The chocolate pecan pie has to be one of the best desserts I've ever had. I can't wait to go back to Cape Town just to go back here. "
- "We ate here twice in our 5 day stay. The service was great and the food fresh and delicious. "
Excellent service and great value for money meant we went again the next night!"
- "Awesome food, great service, wonderful people! The cost to eat here is so reasonable for the high quality of the food served. We went twice during our 4 night stay in Cape Town because it was so good and the people were amazing. Will return next time we are in Cape Town!"
- "When I entered Miller's Thumb, my initial reaction was 'Oh no, it's going to be like Beleza, which as I reviewed is a 'nice local, but nothing more' (Yet it's ranked #6 on TA). Well, I'm glad to say, I was pleasantly surprised. The fish was just sumptuous. A kingklip that was juicy and definitely as fresh as they get. The attention to detail was excellent, with a presentation that was worth of fine dining. Yet, Miller's Thumb is not fine dining. The service is super-friendly and fast, I can see why the excellent mentions. That being said, it's not your Michelin-style service either. Nor does it attempt to be, with a decor that's more 'tapas' than anything else. You don't bring your significant other to impress them at Miller's Thumb. But you will come back for the food. I know I will, too."
- "The place has a cozy vibe and really friendly service. The three of us each ordered something different - the simply grilled mahi mahi, the prawns with garlic butter, and the moroccan kingklip were all delicious. We followed our main course with chocolate pecan pie and some other dessert. I just remember the chocolate pecan pie, which was amazing. The price was very reasonable as well."